Optum Maryland gives care to people served by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH), Behavioral Health Administration (BHA). We invite you to look through this site to see the many ways we can serve you. If you are a person or a family member seeing a MDH/BHA provider, you can access relevant information with the touch of a finger:
Services: Find out more about the many recovery-oriented services that MDH/BHA funds through local mental health centers!
About Us: Learn more about the MDH/BHA and Optum Maryland partnership. Find out what that means for you!
News and Events: Stay up-to-date on upcoming Maryland mental health news, training and events. MDH/BHA and Optum Maryland offer education and community events.
The website has sections for participants and families as well as providers of mental health services. Click on either the “Participants and Families” or the “Providers” tab to see the information that applies to you. Check the website often as it continues to grow to better serve you!
In the Spotlight
- The next Provider Council Meeting will be held on Friday, March 8th at 10:00 a.m. EDT. A registration link will be posted at the start of the month.
- A video recording of the February 2024 Provider Council Meeting can be viewed here.
News & Events
WEBINAR: ASAM Criteria in the SUD Residential Setting
From July to October, the Maryland Department of Health and Optum Maryland hosted a series of three webinars to discuss the ASAM Criteria and how these standards apply in residential settings. Recordings of these webinars can be viewed at the links below.
- Webinar 1 (July 26, 2023) can be viewed here. The webinar slides can be viewed here.
- Webinar 2 (August 30, 2023) can be viewed here. The webinar slides can be viewed here.
- Webinar 3 (October 18, 2023) can be viewed here. The webinar slides can be viewed here.